One Man's Junk is Another Man's Treasure



Above is an 8 mm film splicer that I came across while cleaning out my parents' attic. At first glance my impulse was to just toss it in the trash. The box was almost destroyed and although the splicer seemed okay, how was I going to know?

For some reason I carted it home along with other "treasures" we came across.

I did what I normally do with my vintage finds; I researched its worth on eBay. I long ago learned that what seemed valuable to me was not always so and vice versa.

Long story short, the sale of this junk got me $30 free and clear.

It's not enough to stop looking for a new job but along with the other sales I've been making it helps.

Here's some other treasures that I have for sale. If you are interested check out my etsy store (links on this page) or go to eBay seller PMBenfield!.









No comments:

Post a Comment