Potato Skins and more



Finally, here is the easy recipe for my delicious potato skins!!! This picture is how they look before baking. I used thinly shredded cheddar cheese on these. I prefer a heavier cheese topping so usually I would grate my own.

Here are the ingredients:

About 6 to 8 baking potatoes
1 lb. bacon
1 8 oz. package of cheddar cheese- shredded

First step is to scrub the potatoes well. Place them on a microwave dish or paper towels and microwave on the baked potato setting. Allow them to cool before you do anything with them.
Meanwhile, chop the bacon and fry it. You can use regular bacon, turkey bacon, whatever you choose. Once the bacon is crispy, remove it from the pan and place on paper towels to drain.
Now that the potatoes are cool enough to touch, slice them lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out most of the potato flesh. Put the potato flesh into a container. You can use this another day for mashed potatoes.
Line your halved potato shells on a cookie sheet or other pan. Put bacon into each shell and top with shredded cheese.
These can all be baked in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese melts. Or- you can freeze them for another time.
Make sure to serve with sour cream for dipping! Makes a great appetizer or even a side dish.

Spring is coming (I hope) and my thoughts turn to my basement which is in need of a good clutter cleaning. Below is a link to 2 articles that can help you to get started on organizing your basement. Even someone like me who is ultra-organized sometimes finds that things get out of control.

http://www.firehow.com/201002199061/how-to-organize-your-basement.html

No comments:

Post a Comment