The Fear of Desperation

des-per-a-tion


                        1- the condition of being desperate.

                        2- Recklessness arising from despair.

That about sums up how I feel about my seemingly never-ending job search. 

read about the struggles of the long-term unemployed 

There really is nothing more frustrating than trying to hold onto hope that this time the job you thoughtfully write a cover letter for and attach your resume to will result in that phone call for an interview.

Instead you receive another obvious spam email. It turns out that the job advertised is really only a teaser to get you to sign up with some job search site that is only going to fill your inbox with more spam.

So, I will promise myself to stay away from Craigslist, which will work for several days until the reality of not making money overwhelms me again. 

I have sent my resume to local hospitals, businesses, retail stores and anyplace else that I can think of. 

I fear desperation because it will make me do things that I know I will regret. It is getting to the point where I might have to be reckless, the bills have to get paid somehow. 

between a rock and a hard place 

No comments:

Post a Comment