Not Enough Hours in a Day

Dealing with a bout of chronic pain when I have a life to live sucks. I spent the majority of my day icing my back and trying to catch up on the sleep I lost last night. It doesn't work. 

I remember why I never made plans for the weekend. Something always happens to screw it up. Oh well...trying to roll along with the inevitable punches.

I check out my Facebook page and see others pumping out work and aside from a few little snippens of blog posts, I have done nothing else. 

My to-do list grows for the next day when I spend the entire day foggy from pain. Ugh. 

Meanwhile, when it rains it pours and everything else seems to need my attention and I have to pick and choose what I am going to deal with. Some things are immediate and some can wait but again, there is the building pressure of how many things can I do in one day?

It is summer time. How I would love to just sit on the beach and contemplate the tide. How no matter what is going on in the world, the water still rushes in and goes back out. I could sit for hours just enjoying the view. I close my eyes and I can be there, if only in my mind. 

Ooops...my mental escape to the shore just made my to-do list even longer. Oh well...tomorrow is another day.    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment