UPDATE RE: Hard Times and Greed

As I wrote about in yesterday's post, I did follow through and write a letter to my doctor telling her about my disappointment in how I was "handled" when I called her office.

The local mail is delivered quickly. I received a phone call from the doctor this morning. ( I assumed she got my letter but on second thought- she might not have)

She said she was sorry for the way I was treated but it wasn't quite an apology. She attempted to have me transferred to her billing department several times and I kept telling her that it was not necessary. I told her that she would receive the same check from me every month until the balance is satisfied. (not a math wizard here but paying her $5 a month for a $43 balance will be several months to satisfy)

NOT ONCE DURING THE CONVERSATION DID SHE EVER ASK ME HOW I WAS FEELING. NOT ONCE.

Okay. Guess I know where her mind is. Obviously like her office staff- on her accounts receivables.

After this experience I still believe that there are doctors out there who truly care about their patient's well-being more than their bank accounts. I don't believe that every doctor becomes a doctor just for the paycheck.

I have never been one to put a doctor up on a pedestal. Doctors are human after all. Some humans are compassionate and some are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment