Getting Back Up


Life is short.

Funny how you don't often realize just how short it is until it is almost too late.

Trying to live every day with a sense of gratitude for what I do have can be a challenge these days.

This is why these words mean so much to me. I don't want to waste a single minute by having people in my life who don't do anything but drag me down.

Of course we are challenged by negative people and it does make us see how we do not want to be. It does kind of keep you in check when you run across miserable people who seem to live to make drama in other peoples' lives.

I am done with drama. I got my daily dose of General Hospital for that.

I don't have a lot of friends and that is totally by choice. With the responsibilities of life there is not a lot of time and I choose to spend my time with those who are deserving of it.

The same goes for family. Being family is not an excuse for treating each other badly. Disrespect is disrespect.

I believe in honesty. If you prefer to make believe, talk behind someone's back instead of confronting someone, or you just accept less than you are deserving of - well, that is your decision and your right. I have deep, real, true relationships.
They are not always pretty because often I am forced to face my own mistakes but in order to grow as a person, self-reflection is necessary.

Life is too short to waste with lies and deception.

It is sad when someone cannot own up to their own mistakes and cannot say that they are sorry.

You cannot rebuild trust when someone does not acknowledge their role in breaking it.

All you can do is move forward and live your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment