Alone.


Dad always told me that whenever your life is going good you better look out because it won't last. I know that is a really f@#ked up thing to tell a kid but you know something, although I've worked to deny it, dad was right.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not throwing myself a pity party- I'm just stating the facts as I see 'em.

My attitude of seeing the good even when my world is crumbling can only go so far. I cannot control how others in my world are going to react the shit that life throws your way.

It just makes me mad, that's all.

Mad and disappointed.

I can't control other people. A gazillion pep talks and bending over backwards to try and support someone through their perception of hopelessness sometimes isn't enough.

It takes two to have a successful relationship and one person can't keep carrying on hoping the other's dark mood will pass.

Recently I tried to comfort someone who found out that she would become a widow in a few short months. Although no one knows for sure when their time is up, certain diagnosises don't have much hope. I can only imagine her pain (and his) and when I do it makes me even more determined to live each moment fully, not worrying so much about what I see as small stuff.

Unfortunately some people just can't see beyond the moment they are in and would rather wallow in self-pity, pushing away anyone who wants to help.

I've run out of being patient and when the line is crossed there is NO going back or forward.

It's just done.

No comments:

Post a Comment