I'm Still Standing

Another day with another set of challenges. I think the hugest thing I have observed recently is how much people take for granted. I wish I could enlighten them all by saying "be grateful" but honestly some people just don't get it.

They bitch about their jobs, their significant other, their kids, whatever and all the time they just don't seem to appreciate the gifts they have.

I don't take the "little" stuff for granted. Every time I take a shower I remember when I didn't have one. A sink full of dishes to me is a blessing. It means we were able to eat today.

My job isn't the greatest and yes, some days I don't want to do it but I am thankful for the opportunity to earn SOMETHING.

My latest challenge involves one of my precious kitties. Sassy has been battling an illness on and off for a few days and now she is spending the night at the vet's. The bill is huge but honestly anything would feel that way right now being that my income is so low.

I just can't stress over it. It isn't going to help.

I'm more concerned over what exactly is causing this cat to not be able to eat without vomiting. She is in good hands and I am trusting that whatever ailment it is, they will be able to heal her.

Meanwhile I am doing what I have been doing- just trying to carry on with the hope that my efforts will improve my situation.

The only thing that is going to help me right now is another job for me and a job for my husband. Transportation will be an issue until we can get our cars repaired but we will do what we have to as we always have done.

I am grateful for help from my family but I long for the day when I don't need it. Being on the receiving end for so long doesn't make me feel good. I want to be self-sufficient again.

My message today is a wake up call to those of you who think you are immune to what I am struggling with. SHIT happens and sometimes it keeps on happening. No one is guaranteed anything in this life and those of you who walk around feeling entitled are living a fool's life. We are all blessed in one way or another- some of us more than others at times - but you need to stop and see just what good you do have and be thankful for it. Stop complaining about what you have because it feels like a slap in the face to someone who is living without it.

It can be taken at any given moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment