Tears Won't Help or Will They?

The husband got frustrated to find the wife in tears (again). "Crying isn't going to help right now" he told her.

Sometimes when the weight of the world is upon your shoulders and it feels like everything is spiraling out of control, even the strongest person comes to a breaking point. Tears are a way of stopping the madness for a moment or two and letting it all out.

The husband just doesn't get it. That's too bad. I need a good cry every now and again. I feel like it re-charges me and allows me to find my focus when things just get crazy.

This past year has been a rough one. Job loss, major car issues and all the financial woes that come along with those events have brought me to where crying is almost daily. I am not even going to apologize for what others might see as my "weakness". I am one of the strongest people that I know. I just need a good cry to be able to cope with all of this.

Christmas came and went (thankfully) but it didn't stop the drama. It was Christmas Eve when a prospective employer who had been stringing me along with the promise of a much-needed full-time job suddenly fessed up and told me that they were going to hold off on hiring until after the new year. After having 24 hours to process that news, my car was put out of commission due to expensive repairs that I haven't been able to afford.

My husband is out of work and his car is currently in the shop also. Does it ever end???

I do have hope though. I know we are being tested and although the challenges feel like they keep coming, I still somehow have fight left in me.

My almost daily crying helps. It cleanses the negative and gives me strength to carry on.

Maybe this is why I sometimes feel like I am stronger than my husband is. I allow myself these moments of weakness to re-charge my power to fight. Giving up is not an option. Someday (soon I hope) I will look back on these struggles and be proud that we made it through. My tears have made me stronger and maybe some people won't understand that but it is true for me.

Giving in and crying is what keeps me strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment