Woes of a Writer

Last night I had a writing surge. The words flowed and as I typed them I felt pleased with what was coming out. Then I made a huge error. Somehow, someway I accidentally forgot to click "save" and all my words were gone.

It's not so easy a day later to go back and reach inside and duplicate what flowed so easily the night before. It is also hard to stop beating myself up for making such a dumb error.

I have to let go.

Writing is so healing and maybe the effort wasn't wasted even though I have nothing to show for it. I got out what I needed to and maybe what I wrote today isn't so bad after all.

It is not the same and it cannot possibly be. Writers have moments and the creative process is what it is.

Next time I will be much more conscious in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment