Time Enough at Last

"Time Enough At Last" is a favorite old Twilight Zone episode in my house. It is the story of a bookworm who is the sole survivor of a nuclear war. Once he discovers that he is alone and can spend all his time reading- his favorite pasttime, he slips and breaks his glasses.

The lesson is to live each moment to the fullest. Don't wait for anything. Do it now!

We all get to a point in our lives where we start to realize how precious time is. We wake up and find out that time has slipped by and we may feel regrets.

No more regrets! Stop and live now. Do what you want to do. Don't live for anyone else- live for you! Remember the things that you stopped doing that used to bring you joy.

Re-visit them.

Life is far too short to be worried about what others think. Live a life that makes you proud of who you are. Make no excuses but own up to your behavior. No one is perfect and anyone who pretends to be is phony.

So today, I am embracing all the good that I have. I am enjoying the people in my life that mean the most to me.

I am not losing any sleep over the people I have come across recently who are miserable in their skin by their own wrong-doing. Vindictive, hateful, jealous and spiteful - they are just jealous because I have the courage to live fully. I don't hide behind anything or blame others for the past.

The past is over- today is the present and I am going to fully enjoy the gift that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment