Hormones

I remember way back when how much fun it would be to be a mom to a little girl. I forgot the part about the little girl growing up and hormones taking over.

I think many moms forget or put out of their minds what it is going to be like someday when puberty comes around.

Once puberty is over and the mood swings of pms happen the next big moment is pregnancy.

Some women don't get "crazy" during pregnancy and others do.

Not to compare people to animals but living through my cat Ava's pregnancy and nurturing of her litter of 5 I have seen up close and too personal how "nutty" pregnancy and post partum can be.

As I continue to cope with my normally anxiety-filled Queen, I am also dealing with what promises to be a VERY long pregnancy of my daughter.

I guess this is what I get for complaining for years how I cannot wait to be a grandma. I had my kids young and I fully expected to be a young grandmother.

I still will be but it seems to be aging me quickly.

My daughter's hormones have turned her into an anxiety-filled, often unreasonable shadow of who she used to be.

I am sorry but SHE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been easier to deal with my overprotective cat. I give her a can of Fancy Feast, keep strangers out of the house and it is all good.

There doesn't seem to be much that I can do for my daughter. I cannot say anything right and if I happen to be in a bad mood- well, that is just unacceptable.

The latest issue is about her baby shower which is not yet planned. (btw- she is barely into her second trimester)

It isn't like we are not excited to be anticipating our first grandchild. This little boy or girl is going to be very welcomed. There is just time for planning baby showers.

I was lucky and aside from morning sickness, I didn't really make everyone around me crazy. (or atleast I don't think I did)

It is funny the way Mother Nature and pregnancy hormones can make a woman or cat completely unlike themselves. In my cat's case, she was a little anxious to begin with.

It is going to be a looooonnnnnggggg pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment