Giving Thanks

As I attempt to battle Blogger to allow me to add pictures to my post, I am losing the focus of what this post was supposed to be about.

Giving thanks.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving (hard to believe!) and also my dad's birthday. He is 80-something and most of all, I am thankful that he is still around.

I don't see him as much as I should or would like to but knowing he is just a few blocks away is something I probably take for granted.

Dad still works part-time and for his age is in good shape. (I sell Vintage items and it just dawned on me that I almost described him like I would one of my attic finds) (oops)

I am going to make a promise to myself to take more time to appreciate the people in my life because as I found out not too long ago, sometimes the ones you grow comfortable with always being there must leave eventually and missing them is painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment