Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying

As I begin my third consecutive night watching "The Shawshank Redemption", I remember why it is that I have seen this movie hundreds of times but always enjoy it.

It is a movie that reminds you that hope is good.

Today when it seems like so many of us are struggling in one way or another, hope is a good thing. The world sometimes seems to have gone mad. Maybe because it is an election year or the economy, I don't know what the reasons are but lately the world does seem nuts.

My own personal world has always been one of drama. There has been great joys but it is funny how sometimes all you can see is what is going wrong.

Holding onto hope when all seems impossible takes practice- believe me!

I have been down before but I continue to get up and try again. I am holding onto the towel to wipe the sweat from my brow...I am not throwing it any time soon although at times I almost give up.

Maybe watching this movie over and over is helping me to remember that in spite of whatever life throws your way, hope can keep you focused on believing that better times are coming.

I am reminded of sayings like "it is always darkest before the dawn" and just when you think you have been through the worst, it all turns around.

Gosh I hope so. Hope. Yes, I hope.

I also work towards change. I believe my hard work and determination will pay off.

Of course "The Shawshank Redemption" is a fictional story but it is a good one. A man wrongly convicted doesn't allow his surroundings to break him. He holds onto his hope and in the end, he breaks free. It shows that whatever life throws your way you still control how you react to it.

You can get busy living or you can get busy dying.

It's your choice.

I choose to hope and do what I can to live my life because I believe "it" can't stay like this forever. It has to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment