No Regrets

Life is far too short to have regrets.

No one is perfect and if you can accept that, own up to what mistakes you do make and live your life true to yourself you can avoid feeling regret over what you did or didn't do.

Some days I feel like I have wasted time but being an overachiever that is just part of my personality. It is a re-learning process for me to say "it's okay" to take a break from the multi-tasking.

Some days I just need to give in and realize that I cannot do it all. When you try and do it all you often fail or you don't allow yourself to put enough effort and care into things.

But the title of this post is no regrets and I am determined not to have any. It is pointless.

There is nothing you can do about the past.

It's over.

Done.

Sitting around and regretting what you did or did not do is like worrying about stuff that has yet to happen.

Living fully in the moment is a practice that I am choosing. No matter what is going on, I am going to fully experience it AT THAT MOMENT. Good or bad, happy or sad, I will feel it. The moment will be gone soon enough and once it is gone, it is over.

Instead of regrets, I now have plans. I live in the moment with the focus on moving forward. Every day I get closer to living the life I believe in.

The road may be bumpy at times but it will be smoother if I don't allow regret to keep me focused on the path.

The only thing that can hold me back is the fear of the unknown. Life is an adventure and I am ready. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment